Monday, December 5, 2011

Chairs! I love chairs!



Antique Chairs from late 1800's
On to my next project ... actually, I'm juggling many projects at the moment, but super psyched on these antique chairs I found at a Kailua garage sale this past Saturday! I can say "antique" because the ohana who sold them to me said that their grandfather was a fine woodworker and made beautiful furniture in his day, which I'm guesstimating at around the late 1800's to possibly the very early 1900's, which makes these chairs definitely in the "over 100 years therefore 'antique'" category! Either way I am stoked on the craftsmanship, the beautiful solid oak wood, and the design of the chair...not to mention that they had all 4 chairs! 
So wow, talk about listening to the stories of those items/people who want to share, these chairs came with some beautiful history and I plan to share their stories with you through the design! I'll keep you posted! Just wanted to show you what I was up to this week! I'm also bringing together the finishing touches for the tea towels I'm making for your kitchens! Can't wait to show you all! 
Sanding in my shop
I hope you all have a great week! If you have any questions on upcycling furniture or have a project you'd like help with, I would love to hear from you and will share all that I can. My mistakes, my triumphs, and where you can save money, and when to know when to not tackle the DYI and turn it over to a professional! I'm super stoked on Noho Designs being apart of a new society that is consciously making small efforts to improve our earth! Just remember that paying a little more now out of pocket for an upcycled piece, is a small contribution to saving our landfills and our precious resources, that feed the need for new STUFF! So, mahalo for your love and support! If you are a Hawaii based artist in the Home Decor world and would like me to feature your unique and green products, please email me at: nohodesigns@me.com Xo, k

No comments:

Post a Comment